This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach based on Adlerian Psychology, that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
1. Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
2. Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
3. Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
4. Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
5. Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
6. Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Understand the belief behind the students’ misbehavior and how to use encouragement to motivate positive change.